Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Comfort Food

My favorite food right now is roasted red potatoes, sweet potatoes, baby bella mushrooms and onions.  I have a Pampered Chef Large Bar pan on which I chunk the pealed sweet potatoes and unpeeled red potatoes.  (Russets are too dry).  I then add onion pieces (rings cut in half) and sliced mushrooms.  (Garlic cloves make a good addition.)  I use my hand to make sure the veggies are evenly coated with a liberal amount of olive oil.  Fresh rosemary or dried basil and/or oregano is also good.  Salt is not needed.  I roast this at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or so.  I stir the veggies every once in a while because the onions and mushrooms can burn.  
 



This is delicious served hot or cold. I have been known to eat it straight out of the fridge. :)  I cannot wait to have fresh potatoes to use from my garden!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites