Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oops

My darling 12-month old has a thing for Green Bean plants...and no, not for eating them.  She likes to uproot and decapitate them.  Too bad she doesn't do it to actual weeds! I was thankfully able to replant the uprooted one but I wasn't sure what to do with my decapitated one.  I stuck it in the soil because I'm a softy and couldn't bare to through such a precious young plant into the compost bucket!  I continued watering the pot and guess what, there is new growth!  The "stump" hasn't done anything but the "top" is a whole new plant!  

Last year a cutworm got to my Rainbow Beefsteak Tomato plant and I was able to save the top, dip in rooting powder and repot it.  I kept it inside and moist.  It survived and grew into a healthy producer. :)  I also grew two other tomato plants off of clippings from another plant later in the year.  

My Healthy Bell Pepper seedling broke off while transporting it to the garden for planting.  Currently it is sitting in a vase of water, rooting itself.  I didn't put it in a pot of soil due to lack of space.  So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites